That shader is just amazing...
The rays of the moon, the water,...

Amazing!
~ BlueMoon

Aquilus
Knight Errant

Re: TamrielPack - Official TamrielCraft texture pack

Post by Aquilus » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Yes indeed. Unfortunately I found the water too crystal clear for my taste. To me you would actually have to look for the water and when you find it, you still have to stare at it to tell it is water. But other than that it is superb.
"For any normal person this would be a trivial task. But you, you are an adventurer. Everything is a [redacted] issue for you." ~ Kazerad

-YH-
Knight Errant

Post by -YH- » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Perhaps when we switch to the Resource Pack format that would be possible, but at the moment it isn't. GLSL shaders are intensely heavy on the GPU and, at least when I experimented with them, only worked with Optifine.

Check out my update in the 1.6 thread for more info on Resource Packs.

Aquilus
Knight Errant

Post by Aquilus » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:40 pm

Is it correct to assume you are updating the TamrielPack into a resource pack at this time? Or are we going to have to do that ourselves using Dinnerbone's "Texture Ender" tool.
"For any normal person this would be a trivial task. But you, you are an adventurer. Everything is a [redacted] issue for you." ~ Kazerad

-YH-
Knight Errant

Post by -YH- » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:43 pm

There will be an official Resource Pack.

-YH-
Knight Errant

Post by -YH- » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:20 am

As many have noticed, the old TamrielPack download was removed from the site, since it was horribly outdated and many of the features no longer worked. The new version will be a server-side resource pack and no download will be required.

We have commissioned an artist to create original Elder Scrolls themed paintings for us, and in addition to that artwork, the new TamrielPack will ONLY feature moons, armor, weapons, and music. This will allow all users to choose their own textures for everything else. If anyone would like to recommend, endorse or release complimentary resource packs, please feel free.

I personally am enjoying using the Chivalry pack by Maffhew on our server; despite being 16x16 (so it retains that Minecraft feel) it is very detailed, and features a nice medieval/fantasy aesthetic. I don't like the standing water textures, and the new lighting takes some getting used to, but of the three packs I like it has become my favorite.

pcvorholzer
Agent

Post by pcvorholzer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:37 am

YH, any chance you can PM me the art? I desperately want to see the things she made!

-YH-
Knight Errant

Post by -YH- » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:07 pm

I'll ask for you.

acka2001
Recruit

Post by acka2001 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:41 am

Where do i download the texture pack from?
They're getting more active every day. Not a good sign. You know what would be a good sign? "Free Sweetrolls!" Who wouldn't like that!?

- Sheogorath

-YH-
Knight Errant

Post by -YH- » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:23 am

Just join the server. If it's your first time joining, you'll be asked if you'd like to use our official resource pack while playing. If you accept, the pack will be loaded every time you play TamrielCraft.

The information in this thread is also outdated, sorry about that; we now use a modified version of Chivalry (with permission from Maffew, the creator) pack with some customized textures for our resource pack, so it's more than just items and art now.