TamrielPack - Official TamrielCraft texture pack

Current information about TamrielCraft
-YH-
Knight Errant

Re: TamrielPack - Official TamrielCraft texture pack

Post by -YH- » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:03 pm

It's been a long time coming, but I'll be updating the resource pack for 1.9

Here is what has been done so far, with a list of things still to be done.
This list will be updated as work progresses. Click here for preview image.

Additions:
  • End Rod -> Dwemer Lamps
    End Brick -> White Brick
    Chorus Plant -> Ashland Tree
    Iron Trap Door -> Iron Grate
    Redstone Torch -> Candle
Changes:
  • Gold Blocks -> Dwemer Metal
To Do:
  • Doors
    End Crystal
    Sea Lantern
    Purpur Blocks
    Quartz Blocks
    Banner Patterns
    Carved Sandstone
    Carved Stone Brick
    Diamond Item Icons
There is also now a poll for requested features, users may vote once for all 3 categories.

MarkedForDeath
Agent

Post by MarkedForDeath » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:28 pm

CaptMurica wrote:It's been a long time coming, but I'll be updating the resource pack for 1.9

Here is what has been done so far, with a list of things still to be done.
This list will be updated as work progresses. Click here for preview image.

Additions:
  • End Rod -> Dwemer Lamps
    End Brick -> White Brick
    Chorus Plant -> Ashland Tree
    Iron Trap Door -> Iron Grate
    Redstone Torch -> Candle
Changes:
  • Gold Blocks -> Dwemer Metal
To Do:
  • Doors
    End Crystal
    Sea Lantern
    Purpur Blocks
    Quartz Blocks
    Banner Patterns
    Carved Sandstone
    Carved Stone Brick
    Diamond Item Icons
There is also now a poll for requested features, users may vote once for all 3 categories.
Sounds great Cap, but could you also add an option for less dull/pink red sandstone? I'd like it to be more orange for Anvil's roofs.

jetplane_vii
Spearman

Post by jetplane_vii » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:48 pm

I actually have some suggestions for changes that could be on the resource pack.

Here they are: http://imgur.com/a/ZboI9

MarkedForDeath
Agent

Post by MarkedForDeath » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:08 am

jetplane_vii wrote:I actually have some suggestions for changes that could be on the resource pack.

Here they are: http://imgur.com/a/ZboI9
I definitely agree with the coarse dirt and the wool but I don't really agree with birch and bricks.

Birch planks are the only option for lightly colored wooden floors, walls, roofs, furniture etc.

I don't think either bricks or nether bricks should be changed in color just for certain roofs... I think you'll have to use hardened clay for the roofs

Solaris27
Spearman

Post by Solaris27 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:48 am

The banners could also get a re-done. Maybe have them showing faction symbols. e.g. Dark Brotherhood hand for skull item.
~Sol~

Pringlulz
Knight Errant

Post by Pringlulz » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:45 am

I think a lot of those suggestions are pretty good Jetplane, however I agree with Marked in the fact that we probably shouldn't change particular blocks to suit particular builds. If we want to change something it should be for aesthetic enhancement of the existing characteristics, or, in the case of things like end rods and such, be changed to the most general Tamriel-related thing possible.

Solaris, the problem with changing banners is, we already did that. I don't think the experiment worked, as I hardly see the changed icons I made getting used. Currently there's a moon-and-star icon and a Mages Guild icon in the banners. So, keeping with the above, we should probably change the banner graphics to stuff that's more practical than any particular logo. Perhaps geometric shapes or even back to the defaults. I'm really not sure.

The birch I think would look alright if it was a less... extreme yellow. We have a lot of different shades to choose from, so something in between pink-peach and yellow should be attainable.

Oh! There's also the consideration of changing the leaf and grass characteristics in the Mushroom Island biome. I'd really like it if we could get the grass there to be teal for use in Alinor.

Darksamus227
Spearman

Post by Darksamus227 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:14 am

Pringlulz wrote: Solaris, the problem with changing banners is, we already did that. I don't think the experiment worked, as I hardly see the changed icons I made getting used. Currently there's a moon-and-star icon and a Mages Guild icon in the banners. So, keeping with the above, we should probably change the banner graphics to stuff that's more practical than any particular logo. Perhaps geometric shapes or even back to the defaults. I'm really not sure.
Changing the banner to the defaults would probably be the best, because I made (half from internet and half my input) a deer design for falkreath, which didnt work because the creeper and vine designs had been changed.

There are a lot of very creative people who have made many designs which are now broken,. for example: we have an eye design with the creeper head, but a vanilla minecraft banner with an eye design can also work:

More complicated banners (>6 moddifications) can only be spawned in via command block though, so there has to be found a solution for that, since they apparently dont work.

anyway, that was my rant about banners ;)
~Michael

jetplane_vii
Spearman

Post by jetplane_vii » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:33 pm

I still think birch should be made a lot less pink and a lot more yellow.

If we really need lighter wood, maybe we should modify the other woods a tiny bit. Planks of all woods are mostly the same shade in different hues. Acacia planks, for once, are the exact shade of red as the bricks texture. The birch though, the change I did is really, really yellow because I was trying to emulate the vanilla one which does not work as well because its too pale.

Also, sorry if it seems I was suggesting we make bricks green. They ought to remain red. Instead, maybe we could change green or lime clay so it looks a bit like bricks, to replace the appropriate roofs in Chorrol. Hell, we could make all the hardened clays have at least some slight texture so they're no longer flat.

As for nether bricks, are they used a lot in the server? If not, then it doesn't matter as much if we change them just for Cheydinhal. If anything, they could be used elsewhere. Maybe for the Blue Palace in Solitude or buildings in High Rock (at least the ESO version).

As for the teal grass, that's mostly handled by the colormap. That time we talked about this, I mentioned how there aren't really dark oak or acacia leaves on the map since the trees date from before the 1.8 version, so they could have special colors just for Alinor.

For the banners, yea we can't make them ourselves but the admins could spawn them with the console. However, how many different banners could we really need for Tamriel? Banners can use 38 different textures which we could retexture according to faction. With that said, we should try to list all the possible bannered factions, to see if the limit of 38 single textures works with the world.

-YH-
Knight Errant

Post by -YH- » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:32 pm

Netherbrick is used for builds besides Cheydinhal, specifically Daedric ruins, where the red color is appropriate. However, purpur blocks are an option for darker and bluer roofing materials.

For red sandstone, I propose changing red brick instead, since no one uses it anyway, and if it opens up new design options without limiting established ones then that is always a plus.

I think birch planks can be made more yellow without much negative effect, they are used predominantly for roofing.

Coarse dirt and gravel are used for dungeons as well as roads, changes to them will need to take these builds into consideration so as to not alter the design or intent too much. Consider uses for the new grass path block instead, this could take the place of either of the other blocks in roads.

The subtle texturing of clay blocks allows them to be used as both building material and decoration, while giving it a rougher texture may change this.

---

Since polls only contain a maximum of 10 options (i.e. 5 "Yes" and 5 "No") and changing the options resets the votes, a new poll will be made after the release of 1.9 for any new suggestions.

MarkedForDeath
Agent

Post by MarkedForDeath » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:56 pm

Could birch planks only be slightly more yellow then? I use them sometimes for walls and furniture.

Coarse dirt should definitely be brown, but just a bit will do to set it apart from gravel.