ThomThomson's Proposition

Current information about TamrielCraft
ThomThomson
Recruit

Re: ThomThomson's Proposition

Post by ThomThomson » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:24 am

Well, there are people out there, not as mature as you folks are, but there are plenty who don't just curse and grief. But to get those people, everything you put out has to be professional looking.

I understand that your faith in the minecraft community is basically non-existent, and there's plenty of justification for that.

Anyway, I have a testing server, and one partner so far. I will continue creating my map, and my resource pack the way I want to, and post updates here, as well as on Planetminecraft, and the forums. You can leave all the recruiting to me, and most of the work on the map, trees and rocks, as well.

I think BlueMoony feels the same way as you do, Pringlulz, so we may remain separate entities for now, but the option to merge is still totally open.

Honestly, I know it's possible. I've done it, starting from nothing. The Tales of Runebrire was far worse off than TamrielCraft when I came to them, but they don't have the advantage of an already established franchise behind them.

Just so you guys know that this is happening. I laid out all the heights and the shapes. Next step is detailed coastlines and rivers!

The orange circle where the Imperial City would be is how far players can see.

http://i.imgur.com/uEBM22F.png

BlueMoony
Agent

Post by BlueMoony » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:17 am

ThomThomson wrote:Well, there are people out there, not as mature as you folks are, but there are plenty who don't just curse and grief. But to get those people, everything you put out has to be professional looking.

That is totally true. We did start quite well I think: website, forums and a server to walk around. So did we with the server: a almost dedicated server running minecraft with 12GB of ram. However, the amount of slots is limited due to the slow upload speeds I have (around 3Mb/s). A big community is great, but upgrading to a fully professional network will cost me quite some money and this every month.

Pringlulz wrote:I'll defer to BlueMoony though, since this is indeed his server, and mostly so far his money. He can do with it as he pleases, in that regard.

I am indeed the host of the server and I pay the monthly fee to keep it running. But that shouldn't keep us away from growing! We should use it at it's full potential, let it work till it can't handle any more. There is still some room for expansion. But I guess we can't merge as the map isn't complete yet.

EDIT: Btw, how do you think we can make it look more professional?
~ BlueMoon

ThomThomson
Recruit

Post by ThomThomson » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:19 pm

If you want, I can give anyone here staff on Tales of Runebrire, to show you the builds we use to impress players. And the only other thing is the brand. You guys already have a brand, but you need to use it in an account on the forums, and on PlanetMinecraft, not sure if you already have a serverwide account yet, but all your posts need to come from exactly one spot.

-YH-
Knight Errant

Post by -YH- » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:37 pm

We have accounts on PMC, MC Forums, Yogscast, Bethesda Forums and Imperial Library. Most of them were only used to post the "going public" announcement, we stopped updating them when the wrong people started showing up.

We also have a YouTube channel, though we haven't made any videos for it yet. We will probably switch to Twitch, however, since it's going to be integrated into Minecraft, which would make adding content a lot easier.

So far we've been using Falinesti as the money-shot build, it tends to be a big hit with new players, but that wasn't by design. Builds in Skyrim also tend to be popular, especially Whiterun. We wanted to emulate the source material by spawning players in familiar locations: the Imperial dungeon is so far the only one complete. Helgen is nearly done, and eventually we would add Seyda Neen to the list. The idea was that when players logged on for the first time, they'd get a choice of which spawn they wanted. We could conceivably expand the spawns to other areas as well, one for each province maybe.

Aquilus
Knight Errant

Post by Aquilus » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:44 pm

WhyAitch wrote:We also have a YouTube channel...
I should be able to get started making videos sometime around New Year's, got a new laptop on the way, and external harddrive as well so I'm aiming to get started making videos for us around then.
"For any normal person this would be a trivial task. But you, you are an adventurer. Everything is a [redacted] issue for you." ~ Kazerad

ThomThomson
Recruit

Post by ThomThomson » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:15 pm

I could help with videos too, actually. I am part film major after all.

Also, that spawn idea sounds like exactly what you need. And you need to give guest players fly as well, so they can fly around. The areas around the Imperial city need a lot of focus and detail, as that will be the first thing players spawning in Cyrodiil will see. And right now, except for the walls, it's not that impressive.