THC

Report problems
sebatobi
Trooper

THC

Post by sebatobi » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:38 am

THC - Temporary Helpful Citizenship - what is this :? ? This appears to be an idea of mine, which will probably help you with large, laborous builds. For example, acka has been lastly building a wall that would separate Skyrim from Morrowind :roll: . In my idea, if a head builder was doing the wall, he could just make the under base and tell me how high do i need to build above these base blocks. Then, the builder could just "/thc sebatobi" and he builds the west side of the wall and watches me so that i dont grief things while i make the east side of the wall - that would make it possible to build some monotonous but important things twice as fast :D . And if the builder finds out that i start griefing, he can "/unthc sebatobi" so that i stop being able to build :D . Also, a THC plugin should make me lose building permissions right after the builder logs out or goes lets say 50 blocks away from me so that i will stop being able to build when he isnt watching me ;) . What would you say for it?
Any attempt to escape...
And they BLOW YOU UP!!!

Pringlulz
Knight Errant

Re: THC

Post by Pringlulz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:34 am

Hey sebatobi,

This idea brought up much discussion with the Tribunal, partly over the interesting name choice. While I think it is a good idea in principle, it is not a good idea in practice, as TamrielCraft currently doesn't have the moderating capacity to ensure that this is used correctly.

There is another idea that this brought up though that is currently being discussed. I'll post here with an update (or someone will) when we come to a conclusion.

Pringlulz
Knight Errant

Post by Pringlulz » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:27 pm

So, update. The general consensus on the matter would be implementing a system where Tonal Architects or higher could have ownership of a WorldGuard region for a particular build, and enabling permissions for specific players on a session basis, so that responsibility for build damage or anything else of that sort rests with the head builder specifically. This would allow non-Citizens to help with builds without needing the skills to be able to create all of the facets of a good build — without significant risk to the server or compromising the existing Citizenship system.

When or if at all that type of system will be implemented is still a matter of priority. Blue implied that he may find time to do it, but don't expect it to be any time in the immediate future.

sebatobi
Trooper

Post by sebatobi » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:33 pm

I dont know what is this WorldGuard and all that bukkitic mumbo-jumbo, but i dont understand whether or not your worldguard thing made some changes into my idea. Remind: A person with permissions can /thc player so that he can help with building something as long as: the permissioned person and the thced person stay in a specific distance so that they can see each other, the permed guy does not /unthc player, and as long as the permed man does not /afk or simply log out. Is that the same as in your version?
Any attempt to escape...
And they BLOW YOU UP!!!

Pringlulz
Knight Errant

Post by Pringlulz » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:31 pm

The person with permissions would be a Tonal Architect or higher, and the given "thc" permission would last until the person who issued it logged out. Also, it would only apply to a specific region of the map that was being worked on.

sebatobi
Trooper

Post by sebatobi » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:10 am

Yea good idea thats almost exactly what i meant but nvm about what i could think of your idea is great too :mrgreen:
Any attempt to escape...
And they BLOW YOU UP!!!