CMD Block Suggestion

Report problems
Genevieve05
Spearman

CMD Block Suggestion

Post by Genevieve05 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:03 pm

So, I am simply going to walk you through what I do...

First thing:
A player walks into a house. There is a pressure plate that activates a CMD block that says:

/tellraw @a {"text":"", "extra": [{"text":"Say hello", "clickEvent":{"action":"run_command", "value":"/setblock x y z minecraft:redstone_block"}}]}

What that does is says to the player: 'Say hello.'
When they click on that in the chat it puts a redstone block next to some CMD blocks. One has a /say. the NPC says: 'Hello, can you help me?' Then, two more /tellraws... /tellraw @a {"text":"", "extra": [{"text":"No", "clickEvent":{"action":"run_command", "value":"/setblock x y z minecraft:redstone_block"}}]}
and
/tellraw @a {"text":"", "extra": [{"text":"Yes", "clickEvent":{"action":"run_command", "value":"/setblock x y z minecraft:redstone_block"}}]}

I think you know what happens next. So when they hit 'yes' the npc will tell them to go to a dungeon and get a magical item of magicnessicity. So, the go to the dungeon, and get the item. Then, they come back.

/testfor @p[r=10] {SelectedItem:{id:minecraft:command_block_minecart}}
So they activate the same pressure plate, which will also be activated to that command. If they hold it in their hand, the NPC will /say: 'Thank you! I am so glad to have this back. Here, take some gold!'

Then it gives them gold. That is really not practical with plugins.

Now, custom alchemy/crafting/smelting. It's pretty simple. You get a dropper, or chest. Then, when a player walks in the room it activates a clock w/ testfors. They say something like this: /testforblock -39 69 10 minecraft:dropper 1 {Items:[0:{Slot:1b,id:"minecraft:quartz",Count:1b,tag:{display:{Name:"Chromium",},},Damage:0s,},1:{Slot:4b,id:"minecraft:dye",Count:1b,tag:{display:{Name:"Silicon",},},Damage:0s,},2:{Slot:7b,id:"minecraft:dye",Count:1b,tag:{display:{Name:"Silicon",},},Damage:0s,},],id:"Dropper",Lock:"",} That is a custom crafting recipe for my Fallout map. Then, when that is true, the command block clears out the dropper, and gives them their item.

Now for Magic. So, with CMD blocks I can have something like Icarian flight, ice spells, fire spells, poison spells, absorb health spells, and shock spells. (Guardian Beam.) Plugins? Well, they may be easier to use, there are a lot of limitations. I can make a fireball spell with plugins and command blocks. Why use command blocks? You don't have to update the plugins. I mean, that's the simplest answer I can give. Oh, and here is how that works: /testfor @a {SelectedItem:{id:minecraft:fire_charge}} If that's true, it summons a fire ball that they can throw: /summon Fireball ~ ~10 ~ {ExplosionPower:5,direction: [0.0,0.0,0.0]}

So, you can have me write custom plugins and write commands. But you really need to enable CMD blocks even if you don't want to use things like Magic. 'Cause /tp can go a long way. I hope Vivec, Almalexia, and oh god... What was the other one? Sorry, Boethia, Azura, and Molag Bal consider this. (Haha... Tribunal... Anyone? No okay...)

Genevieve05
Spearman

Re: CMD Block Suggestion

Post by Genevieve05 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:40 pm

Still no reply...... sorry for being impatient.

BlueMoony
Agent

Post by BlueMoony » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:23 am

Hello Genevieve,

First of all: Welcome to the forum! I hope you'll have a good time here and on the server.

I have been very busy lately so I am sorry for letting you wait. Here is my opinion about commandblocks and plugins.

Our staff is very limited and so are our coders. That and many other reasons slows down the progress of quests, NPC's, economies,... on our server. Especially the fact that many plugins exist, but refuse to co-operate to create a system that works as one. The only solution left is to code it ourselfs.

About command blocks. I know you can do various things with command blocks, however not as much as with plugins. Command blocks are used for what? Exactly, executing commands and they are created using plugins (or are implemented in the server core). So in my opinion, they just use plugins or the server core to execute actions and by combining them, you can create very amazing things. However, in terms of performance, I still think it is better to use plugins and I am quite sure they can actually do the same and more. Instead of combining them in game, you combine them in the plugin in (probably, might not be always the case) a better way as you have direct access to objects and classes you do not have in-game.

Of course, I can be wrong. I just think you can do more like saving progression, loading additional stuff, implementing roles and permissions,... Anyhow, my 2 cents about the topic. Let me know what you think!

PS: we can always use a coder!
~ BlueMoon

Genevieve05
Spearman

Post by Genevieve05 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:05 pm

Yeah, I would be more than happy to code plugins for the server! I have already made a few Magic Plugins (For myself....), like Icarian Flight, and Absorb Health. However, things like quests are really quite hard to code with plugins, and something like a simple /effect, or /summon, or /tp would be really nice! Also, I am not very certain you can have custom crafting. But thank you for the nice welcome! Let me now if you need ANY assistance with coding! I am glad to help. ☺ :) :D

sebatobi
Trooper

Post by sebatobi » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:06 am

Genevie, i understand what do you want to do (at least in general), but in my opinion, it would break the entire server if such things would be CMDB-based. Really, look at your cheydindal thread where i explained it to you (the old 2-page thread)
Any attempt to escape...
And they BLOW YOU UP!!!

Genevieve05
Spearman

Post by Genevieve05 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:17 pm

I swear to fictional god(s); I am not saying if we do RP magic - or something we should use CMD blocks. However, somethings like /tp, or /summon for advanced dungeons are absulutly retarded to use plugins for. I already posted a thread on custom plugins I made. I sampled a custom crafting and magic plugin. But who makes something like that for /tp, or /summon! Tribunal, I think you need to consider this more. Also, if you think people will break it, make it in protected land!

Aquilus
Knight Errant

Post by Aquilus » Tue May 05, 2015 7:24 pm

While it is welcome to voice an opinion on a topic of discussion, I must remind you to not argue in an aggressive manner. Keep language to a respectable level and be courteous to each other and respect their views on the subject of discussion.
"For any normal person this would be a trivial task. But you, you are an adventurer. Everything is a [redacted] issue for you." ~ Kazerad

sebatobi
Trooper

Post by sebatobi » Wed May 06, 2015 7:46 am

If you want it to be made on protected land there are 2 problems: first, you couldnt make it if it would be on land that cant be built on ( ;) ) Also, even if you would be able to unprotect it and then protect it again, noone could fix it if you set the commands of these blocks to something like "/ban pringlulz", "/ban CaptMurica", "/ban BlueMoony", "/deop pringlulz", "/op Genevie05" etc.
Any attempt to escape...
And they BLOW YOU UP!!!

Genevieve05
Spearman

Post by Genevieve05 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Sorry for being rude everyone! I will be more than happy to code plugins! Screw CMD blocks altogether! I could even make a plugin that teleports you when... you open a door! Bigger on the inside time lord tech we all know and love from ES.

Morrowind
Trooper

Post by Morrowind » Sat May 30, 2015 4:05 am

My coding is a bit rusty it was a lot easier back in 1.3 but I can hop right back onto it Ill try and see what i can do at the time being but no promises. If I do code up some good plugins ill notify you guys! (Probably just test plugins for the time being)
Morrowind Indoril Zu'u los Vulsoven

"Vulsoven, Keizaal, ahrk Dovahnor. Dreh ni seik draaf waan hi nunon praal til."

"Malun Tinvaatey nau Veysenor!"