Custom 'Blocks'

Report problems

(not sure if the server will use either of them, just which one for me to do first.)

Navigation Pop Up Menu
50%
Custom Crafting Recipes
50%

Total votes: 4

Genevieve05
Spearman

Custom 'Blocks'

Post by Genevieve05 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:12 am

A few ways to make custom blocks:

Resource Pack Alternative Blocks

Having alternate varients of blocks would be nice to add more variation to the server resource pack. But it's not very practical for 'custom blocks' as the alternate blocks will reset and be different for everyone. But never the less, might bring something new to the pack.

Armor/Armour Stands w/ heads

Summoning several armor stands with custom heads to make 'blocks' with custom texture. No mods required at all. They would be walkthrough, so put them in barriers. I'm not too sure if 100 armor stands lag the server...
I think Dragnoz, or Sarc did a video on this. But the idea was found on Planet Minecraft.

Modded Client

This would be semi inneficient, but the server could have it's own modded version. Not with forge, but one of us could make a .jar with mods embedded in it. Or perhaps have an installer for it so people don't have to move it into their minecraft folder. They just download the installer, load up minecraft, and enjoy the server. This would allow us to add ANYTHING we needed. The resource pack is nice and all (rage quit xD), but even it has limits. But this method isn't practical. (if we got the moneyzzz we could has 2 s3rvers w1th 1m0dded with the cust0m jar, and d oth3r w1t vannillaz)

Now these ideas all have problems and inneficientcies, Also, would you be interested in a pop up menu to navigate through Tamriel? I was working on a plugin....

Genevieve05
Spearman

Re: Custom 'Blocks'

Post by Genevieve05 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:14 am

NOTE: The poll is for which plugin for me to code first. I don't think the server will use either, but I need a weekend project.

Genevieve05
Spearman

Post by Genevieve05 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:31 pm

{

public static void main args{

set.view = none(> null;
new int *999999999999999999999999999999999999*);
}

}

Genevieve05
Spearman

Post by Genevieve05 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:51 am

Forgot [] now the code won't work and the forum will never be checked.

-YH-
Knight Errant

Post by -YH- » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:32 pm

Hey Gen, the staff is aware of your plugin ideas. However it is the end of the school year and that means final exams, so you'll understand if there's not a lot of activity around here for the next couple of weeks. I'm sure the team wouldn't mind me saying that we appreciate your enthusiasm.

BlueMoony
Agent

Post by BlueMoony » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:15 pm

Gen, indeed we are very busy with exams and such so that explains my absence. The modded client is a good idea but that will bring in more hassle than just using the standard client. It also 'scares' casual players away because they have to download installers,...

About the poll: a navigation menu would be cool imo. Especially for newcomers who don't know how the current world works. So that is my vote
~ BlueMoon