problem

Report problems
sebatobi
Trooper

problem

Post by sebatobi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:02 am

hey guys i had a little problem
because, you see, on most servers i usually don't have permission to build anything, so if i broke a block it would revert my griefing attempt and say "you dont have permission for this area"
normally, when i am bored on a server, i start attempting to do griefing and spamming my chat with these "you dont have permission for this area" messages
but on tamrielcraft, i suddenly have permissions to build anywhere i want, and when i got bored i did something before i thought what will it change: i turned the thing on screenshot one into the thing on screenshot two
i placed the signs on screenshot two just in case
obviously, i want someone to revert my strange change with coreprotect, but i also give a proposition here: to make citizens be able to temporarily disable their ability to place/destroy blocks, this might also help a bit in case one of us drinks too beer :)

bluemoony, i think you can deal with this in a matter of minutes, just add a command /toggleblockplacement that would toggle the permission to build for citizens (only citizens would have access to that command)

sorry for the inconvenience
Any attempt to escape...
And they BLOW YOU UP!!!

-YH-
Knight Errant

Re: problem

Post by -YH- » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:25 am

What exactly did you grief? You reference images but none were posted. Give map coordinates or a warp location.

sebatobi
Trooper

Post by sebatobi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:21 am

Sorry, forgot about that
Attachments
screenshot_2.jpg
(221.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_1.jpg
(224.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Any attempt to escape...
And they BLOW YOU UP!!!

Pringlulz
Knight Errant

Post by Pringlulz » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:58 pm

Sebatobi,

It is not our responsibility to provide you with tools to stop yourself from griefing. The expectation is that you will not grief in the first place and that we can remedy the situation afterwords.

Although this is a minor defacement of terrain rather than explicit damage to an existing build, you have demonstrated in your post that you cannot control your actions and didn't express any desire to undo the damage you did yourself. This indicates a likelihood to cause further damage in the future and as such your Citizenship privileges have been removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

— Pring