Possibility of a YouTube series?

Topics and discussions not related to TamrielCraft
dinmenel
Recruit

Re: Possibility of a YouTube series?

Post by dinmenel » Thu May 09, 2013 10:35 pm

I use the free version of Debut. No time limit, and the functionality is pretty broad.

http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html

For free editing, I recommend Adobe Premier Pro CS2.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/

-YH-
Knight Errant

Post by -YH- » Fri May 10, 2013 10:37 pm

So I tried out both HyperCam and Debut.

HyperCam is riddled with adware and spyware, and despite comments to the contrary, you were not able to opt out of installing them. I immediately cancelled the install wizard, so I have no idea if it works and don't care.

Debut installed, it came bundled with its own suite of apps and extensions. You were allowed to opt out, though it spammed my start menu with links for everything and then some anyway. It did however install the VideoPad component even though I unticked the box for it, which I didn't like but that by itself not a deal breaker. The toolbar junk it wanted to add was thankfully not installed.

The deal breaker for me was that it didn't work. The program started fine, it didn't give me any initial setup options but the interface was clear and simple enough that I could figure it out. After setup, I left it on the default .avi format, launched Minecraft and turned up some music, clicked record, and zoomed around for a few seconds as a test. When I clicked the button for playback, it installed yet another hidden component to view the video. I allowed it, as entirely pointless as it was, but the playback was just a black screen. The audio was horribly low, almost to the point of silence, and muffled with static. This might've been the fault of having my headset plugged in, however no video is no video and that's the important part, I could add music and commentary in editing.

Thinking the problem was with the video software itself, I opened the file with Media Player, but got the same results. Uninstalled immediately after.

I admit this may be in part due to my own setup, maybe my graphics card is not supported or something, but that was my experience. If you want to check out Debut then I can't say it raised any alarms, as annoying as it was there were no alerts from Avast or Comodo about malware, and I'll run a Malwarebytes scan later to double check. However it did install stuff I didn't want, regardless of whether or not the box was checked in the install wizard, even if it wasn't malware that's just wrong.

Stay away from HyperCam, too sketchy; I regret mentioning them, I even went back and removed the link so no one else falls for it.

Aquilus
Knight Errant

Post by Aquilus » Sat May 11, 2013 10:11 am

Okay. In light of YH's recent test of the two suggested to me Imma going to say I'm starting to lean towards buys the full version of fraps. We shall see after I get everything else I need to get IRL. Thanks for the help guys.
"For any normal person this would be a trivial task. But you, you are an adventurer. Everything is a [redacted] issue for you." ~ Kazerad

pcvorholzer
Agent

Post by pcvorholzer » Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 pm

Aquilus wrote:Okay. In light of YH's recent test of the two suggested to me Imma going to say I'm starting to lean towards buys the full version of fraps. We shall see after I get everything else I need to get IRL. Thanks for the help guys.
I managed to record twenty minutes with the demo version of FRAPS, simply by pausing at the 9 min. mark, and quickly began recording again.
That left me with two 9 min. movies which I pasted together in Windows Movie Maker.

I dont know why i never uploaded that build......

FulgurBeoulve
Spearman

Post by FulgurBeoulve » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:24 pm

I'm thinking of doing a Let's Build series while working on Whiterun. I'm thinking of doing Riften as well because I started getting ideas on how to approach it but I didn't make an application for that because I don't wanna take someone else's chance while I'm still working on Whiterun.

-YH-
Knight Errant

Post by -YH- » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:51 am

We need some footage for the channel, so as long as we can post it on the official streams, go ahead.