World painter

Topics and discussions not related to TamrielCraft
ItzIder
Spearman

World painter

Post by ItzIder » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:16 am

Hey guys i don't really use any mods or things like that, the most technical mods I used was the technic launcher ( and I still found that confusing to install). What this topic is about, I would like to how to install/use the world painter program. Firstly I would to know how to use world painter because it can be quiet useful when making creative maps, secondaryly I would like to know becuase you guys ( especially Pcv uses it and I would watcha guys are talking about becuase I just kinda feel left out. So yeah if you guys could please give me link or a tutorial video that would really be helpful. ( Also sorry about making it a new topic but u didn't know where to put it lol)

Kalil2204
Recruit

Re: World painter

Post by Kalil2204 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:04 am

WorldPainter is a completely different program to minecraft. You install that on its own then make a world, then upload it to minecraft. This can either take a few minutes or a few hours to do.

Also, the minecraft world cannot be edited with WorldPainter after it is created, you have to use MCEdit or WorldEdit ingame.

pcvorholzer
Agent

Post by pcvorholzer » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:00 pm

What types of tutorials would you want? making a landmass is pretty easy, but making one that looks good is something else entirely.

I have posted links to a Worldpainter video (Inspiration thread I think), and he's the person who I learned from. If you want to make super fancy and realistic maps, watch him.

ItzIder
Spearman

Post by ItzIder » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks guys I'll do a bit of research tonight