Would like to code for the server

Submit plugin applications and status updates
MarkSlayer456
Recruit

Would like to code for the server

Post by MarkSlayer456 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:03 am

I know how to code and think I could make a really nice race plugin for this server if you want! Just tell me what you want the different races to do.

Morrowind
Trooper

Re: Would like to code for the server

Post by Morrowind » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:28 am

YOU SHOULD LET HIM!!! He's a cool guy!! And if he can code you know it will put you in the mode, no this is not a troll but hey look i'm on a roll didn't even know I was rhyming sorry Mark about the Admins bad timing, but please be calm and the admins will hand you the bomb or even acceptance, either way ill enjoy your presence. Thank you Mark for waiting and soon they will be debating whether or not you can have this spot, I am sure you will but if not you can call me Bill, Am I saying to much? Sorry please keep in touch. No I joke but you will have the right to bloat once you code a good one well my I think my times done. By time I mean my microwave don't worry and stay brave. Well goodnight and I hope this rhyme was not copyright! Well shiz didnt know I could be a rapper now ya can call me Morrow-de-shizzle... Okay ill stop XD
Morrowind Indoril Zu'u los Vulsoven

"Vulsoven, Keizaal, ahrk Dovahnor. Dreh ni seik draaf waan hi nunon praal til."

"Malun Tinvaatey nau Veysenor!"

Aquilus
Knight Errant

Post by Aquilus » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:16 am

Thank you for the creative encouragement Morrowind. And Mark, yes right now we are in discussion about taking you on as a coder. Be patient and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Thank you.
"For any normal person this would be a trivial task. But you, you are an adventurer. Everything is a [redacted] issue for you." ~ Kazerad

BlueMoony
Agent

Post by BlueMoony » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:26 am

Hello there Mark, welcome!

Before we let you inside our trusted circle, I hope you understand there is some kind of application for coders too.

To give you some details, we use git to work in a team and to share our code to other trusted people. Have you ever used git before? If so, what about making a small piece of the race/class system (as you proposed) so we can review your coding skills and do so on a git account? That way, we can review your code easily and if we have your permission, add it to our current development. If approved, we can also add you to our project and you can start working with us.

Tell me what you think about it.
~ BlueMoon

MarkSlayer456
Recruit

Post by MarkSlayer456 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:03 pm

Your talking about github right? I've never used it but I set one up (wasn't hard to figure out) https://github.com/MarkSlayer456/Elder- ... ace-Plugin

Note:
Not much is done for example you can join the same race over and over again and you could join all of them. I'll add more later and update it.

BlueMoony
Agent

Post by BlueMoony » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:11 pm

Great! Indeed, github is using git. We have our own private git (because we can!) but this was exactly what I meant. I see you have already started. Take your time, you're having a good start already
~ BlueMoon

MarkSlayer456
Recruit

Post by MarkSlayer456 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:07 pm

If you want to you can get on my test server to see what the plugin can do! Here it is 68.45.41.8:5

MarkSlayer456
Recruit

Post by MarkSlayer456 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:44 am

I've made a lot of the plugin but i don't know what to do about the "more magic" abilities any ideas?

BlueMoony
Agent

Post by BlueMoony » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:44 pm

Hello again Mark,

I see you've made progress on the plugin and I think you are qualified to join our coding team!
You definitely have Java skills to create good plugins and even though I think you lack some building properties (like comments, packages with functionality and design patterns), you will be a good addition to our team.

I hereby welcome you to the team! Congrats!

Little side question: on what OS do you work?
~ BlueMoon

MarkSlayer456
Recruit

Post by MarkSlayer456 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:13 am

:D I use windows 7